This exceptionally engaging three-day informative and interactive Masterclass provides you with the updated approach, thinking, uncommon practices, frameworks and language required to execute your strategy with excellence.
- Provides an implementation map to build your execution plan.
- Contains practical toolboxes, techniques and checklists of exercises to make execution your own.
- Filled with brand new execution case studies.
- Facilitated by a global pioneer and expert on strategy execution.
Overview of Masterclass
In the HOW to Achieve Excellence in Execution Masterclass, “H-O-W” stands for How Organizations Win. It provides the structure for you to identify the right actions for your organization so you can start building your execution plan and make it your own. Achieving Excellence in Execution has to be customized for your organization and can’t be an off-the-shelf solution.
Strategy execution is a relatively new subject in business, and leaders are quickly learning what their organizations require to succeed. For example, we have learned that “less is more,” which means focusing on only a few strategic objectives each year. We also know it’s good to break actions into 90-day cycles, that people work best when self-directed and that strategic planning has to include an execution plan rather than happen as an afterthought.
Make execution planning an integral part of your strategy planning.
When launching a new strategy, naturally the organization’s leaders fully believe it’s a good strategy. No leadership team walks into a conference room and declares, ‘‘Let’s create a bad strategy!’’ But—
- Only when the strategy is successfully executed are they proven correct.
- Only when it’s executed well do customers notice the difference.
- Only when the execution succeeds does it impact shareholder value.
Achieving Excellence in Execution is a competitive differentiator that can have tremendous payoff. Leaders are now demanding the tools to execute strategy as well as a framework and templates to guide their journey. The Masterclass provides these and more.
Consider these facts:
- On average, organizations deliver only 63% of the financial performance their strategies promise (based on research by Michael C. Mankins and Richard Steele).
- Organizations realize only 60% of the potential value of their strategies (according to CEB).
Consider these results:
- When senior leaders are aligned in implementing a strategy—a benefit of Excellence in Execution—organizations realize an estimated 39% better return on their growth investments than when they are not aligned (according to CEB).
- Organizations with highly engaged employees—another benefit of Excellence in Execution—have a 3.5X greater earnings per share (according to Dale Carnegie & The Socialworkplace.com).
This Masterclass ensures you understand and are provided the mindset, skillset and toolset for what’s required to both design and successfully roll out your organization’s execution plan. It shares tools, tips and techniques to make it your own while giving you full access to the Implementation HUB portal with its over 400 resources. You also receive a soft copy of the material presented.
With most organizations stumbling across the bridge between strategy and implementation, achieving Excellence in Execution becomes a significant business differentiator. It requires a dramatic change in your thinking and approach.
Your learning occurs through a mixture of course-design methodologies that include:
- A framework
- Case studies
- Neuroscience-based puzzles
- Group sharing
- Powerful tips
- Limited class size for full interaction
- Journey-building processes
Detailed Outline – Day One
The first morning session focuses on the latest thinking, tips, tools, mindset, language and secrets required to achieving Excellence in Execution. It shares why two-thirds of organizations fail and it allows you to assess your organization against specific factors. It reveals the latest research and emphasizes the tremendous payoff when you succeed.
It also includes how to take your strategy from 50,000 feet to ground level through three themes and tested methodology from successful organizations worldwide. It includes 1) the phenomenal opportunity, 2) the leader’s role, 3) why execution planning is part of your strategy planning, 4) [email protected],00ft, 5) Implementation Compass™, 6) how middle managers create change, 7) strategy cadence — your execution speed, 8) eight building blocks for taking the right actions and 9) practical tools and powerful tips you can adopt immediately.
From the start of the morning and throughout the two days, you build the outline of your organization’s execution plan by considering key messages, lessons from your previous initiatives and other organizations, improvements required and ways to drive your whole organization through the implementation journey.
The afternoon session introduces uncommon practices that Bridges has gathered from its work around the world. These practices include 1) people work best when self-directed, 2) why you should only focus on five (plus or minus two) strategic objectives each year, 3) why people should choose their own actions and 4) why you must abandon yesterday. The afternoon session also explains why execution never goes according to plan based on case studies.
First Day Clinic
At the end of the first day, a (limited) clinic on a first-come first-served basis, offers you one-on-one time to discuss your organization’s execution challenges with the Masterclass leader, Mr. Speculand.
The second day starts by transitioning to the mindset, toolset and skillset you need to achieve Excellence in Execution in your organization. It details the Three Broad Themes of Execution, providing a structured approach for translating the strategy from the leaders to everyone in the organization:
- Create Awareness
- Build Engagement
- Follow Through
Under each Theme, the tools presented allow you to make your implementation journey your own. They include powerful execution tips, key research, challenges, neuroscience videos, articles and puzzles.
You discuss the difference between inspiration and motivation and their financial benefit. You learn how to move people Over the Wall to where you need them and how to build a business case. You examine 1) mavericks network, 2) how to create the right communication throughout the whole implementation journey 3) how to build a culture of excellence, 4) how to innovate ways of working to support the new strategy and 5) why you need to regularly reinforce the strategy.
In the afternoon, you discuss in depth a bank’s case study written by Bridges. The discussion helps you assess and apply the learning you’ve gleaned from the whole Masterclass. The case study is supported with videos describing the bank’s successful execution over five years.
The final session explains how to structure the Rhythm Review into your organization. The day ends with an opportunity to review your journey’s outline and reflect on your organization’s right actions toward achieving Excellence in Execution.
By the end of this Masterclass, you have:
- A plan outlining how to achieve Excellence in Execution
- A framework for executing strategy in your organization
- Support to design/review your organization’s plan
- Tips, tools, best practices and latest thinking
- Knowledge on how to leverage a phenomenal opportunity to increase shareholder value
- Access to the latest research on strategy execution
- Soft copy of the Masterclass’s presentation slides
- Free book on strategy implementation written by Robin Speculand
- Free one-year access to the world’s only strategy implementation portal www.implementation-hub.com
Who Should Attend
This Masterclass is not for the faint hearted. It delves into what it really takes to achieve Excellence in Execution—and that means doing things differently.
The Masterclass is best suited for leaders embarking on strategy execution and those already underway who need support to avoid falling into the “mostly fail” category.
Why Your Boss Should Send You
Achieving Excellence in Execution is not easy; neither is always persuading your boss to say “yes” to attending this Masterclass. Communicating these seven reasons may help:
- You walk away with a tailored implementation journey map that increases the likelihood of your execution’s success.
- You’ll learn from others’ failures and gain valuable insights to avoid pitfalls in strategy implementation.
- You’ll take away a practical framework to help you gain an overview and make sure the right areas are addressed.
- You’ll gain practical tools and powerful tips to discern the right actions for your organization to succeed.
- You learn from fellow practitioners in attendance and discuss common challenges.
- You obtain access to workshop material online that allows you to share key messages with your colleagues back in the office.
- The Masterclass’s focus on the H.O.W. makes it one of the only workshops in the world that addresses the mindset, toolset and skillset for execution.
Lead Facilitator – Robin Speculand
Robin Speculand is a global pioneer and expert in strategy implementation. He is the founder and CEO of Bridges Business Consultancy Int, creator of the Implementation Hub, and author of three books on implementation (two are international best sellers) including his fourth book, Excellence in Execution – HOW to Implement Strategy.
Robin is driven to transform the strategy implementation approach globally by inspiring leaders to adopt a different approach. His work begins when his clients are crafting their strategy and are starting to think about implementing it. He guides them through the implementation journey and provides them with the knowledge, tools and templates to succeed where so many fail. These include Bridges Implementation Compass™—a proprietary framework for successful implementation—as well as access to the Implementation Hub—the first portal in the world dedicated to strategy implementation with its 500+ resources and IMPACT, a toolkit with a structured approach for implementing actions in 90 days.
In 2000, Robin left his position as Citigroup Regional Vice President, Corporate Bank, Asia Pacific, to start Bridges, a specialist in strategy implementation. Since assisting its first client, Singapore Airlines, Bridges has worked with governments, multinational corporations and local organizations across five continents to achieve Excellence in Execution.
He is one of the most prolific writers on implementing strategy. An international bestselling author, his books include Bricks to Bridges – Make Your Strategy Come Alive, which set the benchmark for new thinking in his field and Beyond Strategy – The Leader’s Role in Successful Implementation, John Wiley & Sons. His pioneering work has been featured in strategy journals, international print and electronic media including the BBC UK & Global, CNBC, Financial Times, Sunday Telegraph and the Singapore Straits Times. He is a sought-after speaker at strategy and international business forums.
Robin is an educator for Duke CE and adjunct faculty at the Office of Executive and Professional Education in Singapore Management University. Outside of work, he’s a die-hard ironman athlete.
“Successful implementation is not complex but it does require discipline.”