DBS Bank was awarded the World’s Best Bank by Euromoney, The Banker and Global Finance over a 12-month period. This exceptional achievement is the equivalent of a movie winning the three top Oscar awards!
Discover how DBS achieved this sensational transformation under the stewardship of CEO Piyush Gupta by challenging its employees to make banking joyful—not a term normally associated with banking. Find out why it asked its customers to bank less and live more.
This intriguing keynote highlights how DBS created a 27,000-employee start-up, transformed its core and became customer-obsessed—the bank’s three strategic tenants for implementation. It also explains what the bank did differently to implemented its strategy when as many as 84% of digital transformations fail.
Also discover how:
- the bank’s vision moved away from just adding “digital lipstick”
- DBS adopted the term GANDALF to transform its technology architecture
- the bank created “digibank”—a mobile-only bank—to become an early success that convinced the unconvinced
- the bank moved from building PowerPoints to prototypes using real-time data
- the bank adopted hackathons to initially engage employees and encourage innovation
- DBS became customer-obsessed by launching customer journeys and design thinking with its leaders first
- the bank measures a digital strategy and shows on its P&L that digital customers are twice as valuable as traditional customers
DBS developed algorithms to know when employees considered leaving and pre-empt their actions.
Woven throughout the keynote are bank examples and stories as well as an exclusive video based on Robin Speculand’s research for his new book, World’s Best Bank: How DBS Makes Banking Joyful.
Robin Speculand is a recognized pioneer and expert in strategy and digital implementation who is driven to transform strategy implementation globally by inspiring leaders to adopt a different mindset and approach. The founder of three companies and CEO of Bridges Business Consultancy Int, he has created the Implementation Hub, the world’s first online portal dedicated to strategy implementation. He is also co-founder of the Strategy Implementation Institute, a TEDx presenter and an international bestselling author who has sold more than 50,000 books worldwide.