Leader have been taught how to plan but not how to execute and this has created a strategy execution skills gap. The skills gap is a key reason that more strategy executions fail than succeed by becoming excellent in execution.
This keynote address how leaders can succeed where most of their competition are failing by.
Once leaders have created the strategy it has to be executed and this is far from fait accompli; especially in a digital world where execution is even tougher. But leaders don’t execute strategy, their people do. Leaders are responsible for crafting the strategy and then overseeing and championing its execution. As stewards of the strategy, they must engage and support the people, communicate it, align it to the culture, identify the right measures, change the processes and constantly review its execution.
Even scarier is that leaders keep repeating the same implementation mistakes and expecting different results.
Strategy is about making the right choices; implementation is about taking the right actions.
Many leaders struggle with execution because they habitually keep underestimating the scale of the challenge and because they lack a framework to guide them. This results in them taking the wrong actions at a critical time.
The keynote introduces the Implementation Compass™ to provide leaders and the organization the required structure. Bridges propriety Compass highlights the eight areas required for excellence in execution and directs leaders and the whole organization on the right actions.
This straight-talking, highly engaging and informative presentation is invaluable to company leaders who want to avoid common pitfalls and achieve excellence in execution. It is delivered by a global thought leader and one of the most prolific writers in the subject – Robin Speculand.
- Why strategy execution is one of the hottest leadership topics today
- The Implementation Compass providing stories, videos and examples
- How leaders identify the right actions and develop the discipline to take them
- Lessons on what works and what doesn’t work from around the world
The following key areas make up the Implementation Compass:
- People – the caliber of your people dictates the success of the implementation
- Biz Case – addresses why your organization must change
- Communication – nurture communication throughout the organization
- Measure – identify key measures, track performance and define corrective action
- Culture – your culture drives the implementation
- Process – change the way the organization operates
- Reinforcement – reinforce employees’ behavior when they take the right actions
- Review – conduct regular reviews to stay the course and take corrective action
Using stories, examples, videos, provocative questions and mini-case studies, this keynote gives leaders an understanding of how to conquer the strategy execution challenge for their company.
Robin Speculand is a recognized pioneer and expert in strategy and digital implementation who is driven to transform strategy implementation globally by inspiring leaders to adopt a different mindset and approach. The founder of three companies, three business associations and CEO of Bridges Business Consultancy Int, he has created the Implementation Hub, the world’s first online portal dedicated to strategy implementation. He is also co-founder of the Strategy Implementation Institute, a TEDx presenter, presenter for IMD, an adjunct faculty member at the Office of Executive and Professional Education in SMU and an international bestselling author who has sold more than 50,000 books worldwide. His new book, World’s Best Bank: How DBS Makes Banking Joyful is due for release in August 2020.